The Ultimate Memorial Day Packing List
It's summer! The weather you’ve been waiting for is here. The sun is shining, and the lemonade is cold. Maybe you spiked it with some hard iced tea – maybe not. Either way it is time to grab your SPF and welcome in your favorite season.
Taking off work to staycation with your neighborhood besties?
Heading out east for a chic lobster fest?
Traveling to the Caribbean for a long weekend in the sand?
Either way – here are your top 16 items to pack for a fabulous fun filled weekend.
- These Le Spec Square Cat Eye Shades are stylish and practical at blocking the sun’s rays. Look cool as a cucumber in these when hanging poolside.
- The perfect accessory to wrap your square scarf around is a wide brim hat. This is my new favorite from Hat Attack – a classic lightweight style in a fresh new color.
- This Eberjey bikini brings me so much joy and I think you’ll feel the same. The bright color pops against all skin tones (even that pre- summer paleness) and the flattering cut will help you feel confident and lovely hiding those quarantine cookies.
- Don’t forget your SPF – my favorite these days is Elta MD – and I’ll be testing out the tinted formula this summer as I attempt for the lowest maintenance routine possible #momlife. The article linked here helps you find the best fit for your skin type.
- Running (for exercise, or down the street after your kid on a scooter) is hard on your bod, let’s face it. I am all about caring for my feet. These Fit Flops are literally the best when you’re sick of sneakers yet still need to be able to move. I am on my 2nd pair and I promise you will never regret a pair of these sandals.
- Boating, walking, laying poolside – whatever your style – this Painted Paisley Caftan is calling your name. Cover up heading to the snack bar or add a second layer if a cool breeze blows by. The lightweight cotton dries easily when splashed and can take you from day to night – bikini to white denim – easily!
- This is my favorite white bodysuit made by Agolde. Perfect under jean shorts and great with a maxi skirt – you won’t regret this splurge and the seamless lines add just enough sex appeal.
- Firepit evenings sound amazing but don’t be cold – this Rebecca Minkoff hoodie is a favorite of mine. The puff sleeve adds a fashion element, but the softest French terry feels like a pajama staple. I wore the grey all year but I'm opting for a cheery yellow this month!
- This trendy and lightweight Bandana clutch is great for this season. Make it your sunscreen carryall or throw your keys and wallet in. Local friends – get yours at I Am More in Scarsdale. They have a website too!
- Mirame Swimsuit – This graphic dream of a swimsuit is equally as stunning for daytime poolside lounging as it is with shorts and sandals at night. Loving their sustainable efforts too!
- This Ocean Waters Sarong can take you through a whole weekend with so many ways to wear. Try it this time as a midi skirt with a white one piece and flip flops for a beach side stroll. Be prepared - you know your neighbors will ask, where'd you get that?!
- Tie your Summer Scarf as a bandana over that white bodysuit for a boardwalk coffee or glass of wine – your pick – and block the suns harmful rays from your chest! Fast forward into the evening and switch it over into a knot headband for dinner.
- Scrunchies – The perfect way to add a pop of mini and me flair to your weekend. Scrunchies for everyone!
- Your lobes are asking for some sweet girl charm and these pearl heart hoops are the perfect match. Brinker & Eliza is a Mom + Daughter duo based out of Connecticut. I cannot get enough of their jewelry line.
- Jean Shorts – Pretty sure I’ll never wear another denim short since I found these Madewells. The best fit – and I have 2 sizes. One more fitted and another boyfriend style.
- Add some sparkle to your ankles with this gold anklet by Phyllis and Rosie. The right amount of edgy and sweet- that can be worn in the pool, ocean, to bed, and to workout in.
Can't wait to see how you style all your Memorial Day looks this year!